Sunday 30 June 2013

Back in Action!

Hi everyone,

First up, extremely sorry for the absence. Wedding planning has been sucking up all my free time and it's been a really crazy fun journey! I believe I'm one of the more laid-back brides but nevertheless, there are so many decisions to make and things to do - it will definitely be one of the most stressful times of your life.

It may be tempting to take on all the jobs yourself, but always remember that your bridal party is willing, and would be happy, to help in whatever way they can. Our bridal party has been amazing and our close friends keep telling us that we're the first couple where they're close to both the bride and groom, and that they are super excited for our wedding day! Their enthusiasm has definitely made us want to plan a special day to share with them. After all, an event is only as special as the people you share them with, and we're blessed to have such a loving bunch of friends who are truly happy for us.

Second, www.hometown.sg recently held it's very first GSS sale where selected products were marked down by 30%! We received a good reception to the sale, and want to thank everyone who supported us. We've decided to keep these sale items on sale, to bring the best offers to our customers.

Now...back to some design inspiration! My week's inspiration is coming from my wedding shoes. After weeks of deliberation and trawling through stores to find a cheaper alternative, I decided to take the plunge and have these as my wedding shoes! It cost me a small fortune but as they say, it's once in your lifetime! (Horrible excuse, if you ask me, but oh-so-convincing!)


The beautiful metallic finish has got me thinking about metallic accents for home decor. And here are some good ways to incorporate a tiny bit of shimmer into your home:



Metallic table runners are a great way to infuse a party mood in your dining table decor. They are especially suitable for Christmas and New Year, and are an easy way to add a touch of luxe to a white table cloth. I'm incorporating this easy party trick to our dining tables for the wedding! A wide variety of metallic cloth is available from cloth retailers at People's Park Complex and all it takes is a bit of skill with the sewing machine to cut and hem in the edges. I'll share pictures of the results after the wedding!

I'm loving this bronze book rack, and hope that I'll be able to find something similar for my home. In addition to being functional, it's definitely trendy and a statement piece by itself.


Bronze finishings in your bathroom bring back memories of a fancy hotel.

No space in your house for a bar? Consider having a bar cart instead that can fit in a nook when not in use. A bar cart in metallic accents will look more posh than one in plastic and will add to that whiskey experience.
  
I have a Dachshund at home and I would really love to have this! Alternatively, hometown's handpainted dinosaurs would be perfect too!



Another option would be metallic accent wallpaper on a feature wall. Depending on the size of the room, having metallic wallpaper on all 4 walls may be overwhelming, so selecting just 1 wall may be a better option to help it pop and add visual interest to your room. Lots of options are available these days and I understand that the procedure is much easier than before.


On other news, XZQT at ION is holding a moving-out sale! I'm very excited to troop down there to check out what's still available, as I've always been a fan of their modern and fuss-free furniture. 



I've been waiting for my house to be completed (target Nov 2014) before I start buying up furniture, for fear of ending up with a mish mash of decor styles that don't blend and furniture of proportions that don't fit. I get shivers of excitement everytime I think about my new place - finally, a clean slate to decor as I please! But if the offers at XZQT are compelling, I may relent!

I hope you've enjoyed this post, and I endeavor to update as often as I can!

Love!


0 comments:

Post a Comment