Monday 3 December 2012

Newly Renovated Home Decor Department at Tangs



I was exploring the newly renovated home decor section of Tangs Orchard last week, and spotted a few items I would love to have in my house! Unfortunately, I found that the prices for quite a few of the items were too steep for my budget. Nonetheless, I managed to sneak some shots of my favourite items, and am sharing them with you!
 
Gold animals always add a quirky touch to any bookcase or tabletop. These gold reindeers (S$18.90) are pretty, but they're made of cheap plastic and are extremely light. I would have bought one if they had a bit of heft to them.
 
These pretty candlesticks caught my eye. A label says that they are made of nickel (silvery with a tinge of gold), which means that they will be less likely to oxidise and change colour.

And that might explain the price tag of S$37 per candlestick!

I love this pair of adorable owls housed in a beautiful bell jar, which would be perfect on any console or in a bookcase. The bell jars are really nice and the wood is relatively solid, and would be perfect for displaying your favourite items or even a vintage photo!

The smaller bell jars on the right are going for S$99, which was the only reason I didn't get one... I didn't dare lift up the bigger bell jar, so I don't know how much that one costs...it's almost twice the size of the smaller bell jars though! 

We will keep an eye out for bell jars on our sourcing trip, and hopefully present you with a more wallet-friendly option!

 Owl book-ends (S$69). Too cute!

Zuny leather dinosaur! These faux leather animals are too cute to be true... they are stuffed with iron sand, giving each of them considerable weight. They are meant to be used as bookends or as door stoppers. 

I liked this dinosaur the best! Here's their website, have fun browsing through their very wide range of animals! (http://www.zuny.info/)

I also like their Hippo from the Zuny Classic Series (here) and the Kangaroo from the Zuny Series (here).

S$99... I would pay S$99 for real leather, but would think twice for faux leather.

The silver reindeers are made of the same cheap plastic material as the gold reindeers, but somehow, I couldn't resist bringing a shiny silver reindeer home! They are also considerably cheaper at S$9.90 each, since they are almost half the size of the gold reindeers.

I found some potential glass receptacles for terrariums at the Tangs glassware section - nothing as unique as the geometric receptacles on Etsy, but cute enough if you can't find any alternatives. 

See my previous post on DIY terrariums here.

 My pretty silver reindeer sitting atop my jewellery cases!

I bought these gold ferns and leaves as well, all from Tangs, and stuffed them into a used ginger beer bottle (deliciously spicy ginger beer from John Hollows, from Cut the Mustard (http://www.cutthemustard.com.sg/).

And if you're wondering...yes, I use men's cologne instead of women's perfume! My current scents are Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme and John Varvatos Artisan.

When I'm feeling moody or disheartened, my sparkly 'believe' takes the place of my silver reindeer... so I'm reminded that sometimes, faith is enough to get you through the dark days.

I hope you enjoyed this post!

0 comments:

Post a Comment