Tuesday 27 November 2012

Walk-in Closets


Look at this amazing walk-in wardrobe (via here)! 

I'm currently deliberating whether to convert my future study room (approximately 3 square metres) into a walk-in wardrobe. The aisle will definitely be narrow and will not afford much space for dressing up, but I'm hoping to maximize space via smart design of the cabinets and shelving, just like the picture above. 

It's also important to have a natural light source, to make the wardrobe seem bigger than it actually is, and also to help with getting dressed.

I doubt I would store my shoes in my walk-in wardrobe though. They will probably have their own little corner in my HDB bomb shelter! 
I currently have my shoes on shoe racks in my bedroom, and I find that they bring in dust and dirt (and goodness knows what else!) into my room. Unless you clean your shoes every time you take them off, I don't think it's very practical in Singapore to keep them in your wardrobe or bedroom.

Possible colour schemes I'm considering for a walk-in wardrobe:


(via here)

White shelves, with robin blue and grey accents. Inspiration from a frozen canyon:


(via here)

Vanity table with a mirrored finish (to reflect light and make a small area seem bigger), black shelving and a luxurious leopard-print rug in the centre of the aisle. (I absolutely love leopards and am crazy about leopard-prints!) 

My inspiration:

(via here)

 And if space was not an issue.... :)

(via here)

0 comments:

Post a Comment